[ExI] the science might be wrong

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jan 24 14:59:06 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
…

>….But this means that some people will be effectively prisoners in their own homes for months if not years, whereas eliminating the virus will allow things to return to normal, or almost so. … the 3 months of enforced restrictions to achieve this … -- Stathis Papaioannou

After the fact, we are told we cannot eliminate the virus.  Yesterday a federal government official declared there is nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months.

Once Americans give the government power to restrict freedom even temporarily, that freedom is gone forever.  They can declare a new emergency, then grab even more power.  In California the governor used a lot of emergency powers to make executive mandates.  Three months went by.  They didn’t stop him, he kept issuing new emergency mandates.  The virus didn’t go away, it got worse.  California is dead last in percentage of the population vaccinated.

Those who trade away freedom for security get neither.