[ExI] the science might be wrong

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jan 25 00:08:44 UTC 2021

Subject: Re: [ExI] the science might be wrong

>...Here is one sentiment. Not my plaque, and I didn’t take the pic. I got it in a forwarded group email.

It is a sentiment, but somewhere we should express the sentiment that masks might be making things worse: they give people a false sense of security, encouraging them to gather once more.

If a mask is effective against viruses, they must trap moisture, which means they must get wet inside.  The paper ones do a little.  The cloth ones do a lot.  The spandex ones don't.  But not everyone gets that.  Soooo... they are switching over to the more comfortable spandex ones and discovering HEY, no problem these aren't bad.  But they aren't doing anything either.  And people wearing them imagine they are caring for others, when they might be endangering others.

Masks may or may not help.  But distance always does.  Distance is your friend.