[ExI] robin hood steals from the poor protects the rich?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Jan 29 04:08:32 UTC 2021

I don’t know much about Elon Musk, I know less about investing than Sam Cooke knows about a science book.  But I have seen that Musk’s factory builds cool cars and watched in awe as his other company landed two rocket boosters side by side simultaneously feet first, the way we have envisioned a dignified booster recovery since I was a child.  So that just gives the man a certain credibility on matters I don’t pretend to understand.

Sayeth MusK:

“…u can’t sell houses u don’t own u can’t sell cars u don’t own but u *can* sell stock u don’t own!? this is bs – shorting is a scam legal only for vestigial reasons…”

That sounds right to me.  That whole short selling business just feels like it enables and encourages wrongdoing.