[ExI] robin hood steals from the poor protects the rich?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 04:18:12 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 8:10 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> I have seen that Musk’s factory builds cool cars

FWIW: as of tonight, I am driving a Model S.  Finally got around to
upgrading.

> Sayeth MusK:
>

> “…u can’t sell houses u don’t own u can’t sell cars u don’t own but u
> *can* sell stock u don’t own!? this is bs – shorting is a scam legal only
> for vestigial reasons…”

The difference is, one stock of a given class in a given company is exactly
identical to any other stock of that class in that company, unlike cars and
houses.  They're not even commodities; they're numbers.