[ExI] tornados and google maps

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Wed May 5 16:37:15 UTC 2021

A tornado surprisingly came through Western Mass almost exactly ten years ago.

Here’s the path it left, to the left of the interstate, after passing through West Springfield and Springfield:

More pics and such here https://www.wwlp.com/weather/weather-news/remembering-the-2011-tornado-that-hit-western-massachusetts-9-years-ago/

In my case my roof was damaged by wind and my was car damaged by hail. I got a new roof out of the deal through my homeowners insurance. I had coworkers that needed serious remodeling of their homes which occurred through their homeowners insurance. Tornadoes are so rare in New England that no one has storm insurance. I could have put an auto insurance claim in for my car but never did. My hood still has golf ball sized golf ball dimples.

Not sure I would have benefitted from storm insurance, but I’ve never read such a policy.

-Henry