[ExI] restoration-ready

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun May 23 03:41:01 UTC 2021

From: John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] restoration-ready

>…Spike, is this a cryonics joke? ;  )

John

Hi John, no the link to cryonics never crossed my mind.  I expect that cryonics will eventually work, but it is a long ways off.  The recent qualia discussion has me deep-thinking it however, for I am pondering what it would be like to be an upload which can think but cannot really feel.  Perhaps we would get a situation where we came back in a sense but it would be as far from the original experience as a #1 value meal in the park vs a #1 value meal in the blender after 2 minutes on frappe: same stuff ends up in the stomach, but the experience is just different somehow.

As you may know, I like mechanical things, cars, motorcycles and such, particularly quirky old ones.  I recently thought of one of the old suicide door Lincolns:

There is a local one for sale, a 65 model, and it even has the thirsty (but entertaining) 462 inch V8 whopper.  That would be fun to rumble around town in that.

I remember how to tweak carburetors and set ignition points, but I don’t necessarily want to do it, and don’t want to hire a feller to do it either.

I didn’t buy it.

spike

On Sun, May 9, 2021, 3:09 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

I am a fan of the pre-war Chrysler Windsor, so I did a Google search, found there was one available locally.