[ExI] Fermi paradox

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon May 24 22:48:46 UTC 2021

On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 22:56, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Hi SR, welcome back.
>
> We are recent intelligence, but intelligence in a galaxy far far away could have evolved long long ago.
>
> spike

Some of the stars in the Milky Way are almost as old as the creation
of the universe, so our galaxy formed early. But our Solar System did
indeed form much later.

However, the period of time when an intelligent species is
broadcasting signals / signs  that might be detectable elsewhere
could be very brief indeed. Either because they find better ways to
communicate or they hit a late-time filter which ends their civilisation.

BillK