[ExI] [Extropolis] GPT-5 is closer than you think and may be thinking better than you think

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 21:37:15 UTC 2023

To my knowledge there is not a strong correlation between loquaciousness
and intelligence, John Clark

The correlation should be fairly low.  Extroverts are the ones who will
talk your head off, and they are not cut out for Ph. D. etc.  How many
books, many of which are boring, do you go through to get a Ph. D.?  Lots
and lots.  Extroverts can have the IQ for this sort of thing, but not the
temperament.

And about half the introverts are on the shy side, and all of them hate
small talk.  Get them started on their area and you might not be able to
shut them up.

bill w