[ExI] Is Web Search outdated now?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 18:45:31 UTC 2023

On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 at 19:34, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

> I find Google searches to be more informative - and, more importantly, accurate - than asking ChatGPT.  There's also the issue of availability of recent information, which is frequently a concern for the topics I search on.
>
> It could theoretically someday be the case that AI searches become more useful than manual Web searches.  That day, for me, is not today.

:) That's what I've just posted to Spike.

The examples I quoted don't use ChatGPT.
They are search engines that use an AI to summarize the search results.
<https://bard.google.com/>  is Google search on steroids.
The others use different search software plus their own AI.

BillK