[ExI] [Extropolis] libertarians

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 09:20:02 UTC 2023

On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 9:13 PM John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 2:58 PM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > We, or at least most of us, are libertarians.
>

> I once called myself a libertarian but the meaning of the word has changed so radically that I can't do that anymore.  These days most "libertarians" are just Trump zombies.

I once did NOT call myself a libertarian because I didn't like the
excessive emphasis on property and guns. But now I do call myself a
libertarian, or at least a libertarian at heart, because today's
"culture" in the West is becoming anti-libertarian and this must be
stopped. I'm a libertarian in the true sense of the word: one who
thinks that one should be free to think/speak/do whatever the fuck he
likes as long as he doesn't interfere with the freedom of others to do
the same. And by the way, I prefer Trump to cancel culture.