[ExI] teachers

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 21:31:31 UTC 2023

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 1:59 PM Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 1:47 PM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <
>
>> Can you at least understand why I might believe superdeterminism implies
>> a malicious, adversarial, conspiratorial process?
>>

> Yes.  However, I believe that attributing such motives and malice to
> physics is incorrect, even in this case.

Hmm...on review, this might have been a bit too curt.  Some examples, then:

"Why can't I accelerate past the speed of light?  This 'relativity'
nonsense is physics conspiring against me!"

"Why can't I have a perpetual motion machine?  Entropy is a conspiracy
against me!"

"Why can't I know in advance how long a computation will take and if it
will ever complete?  Every time I try, something conspires against me!"

I believe that claims that superdeterminism is a malicious, adversarial,
conspiratorial process are similarly incorrect.