[ExI] please analyze this article

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 02:28:40 UTC 2023

Why is anybody talking about any of this stupid bullshit?

Is is bad to breathe in alkanes?  Definitely.  Could it cause weird
autoimmune problems just like other shit that is obviously bad to breathe
in?  Definitely.  Is it clearly a small problem compared to all the other
horrible shit that even more people, as well as the ones with gas stoves,
are breathing in, drinking, eating, bathing in?  Definitely.

It makes me sad to see these stupid nebulous divide and conquer nothing
stories worm their way into what I had thought was a group of people who
prided themselves on being above that kind of shit.  Nobody is banning gas
stoves, nobody gives a shit, just another pointless wedge issue of bread,
circuses, and BULLSHIT fed to people who watch CNN or FOX or whatever,
neither of which are media sources the consumers of which I really want to
spend much time talking to.  Especially on a list where people used to talk
more about cool shit like time travel.  At least there's a consciousness
thread...

I would like to vote for a ban of not only politics here but also
politicized science and science-ized politics.  In an ideal world I think
it'd be nice to discuss politics in a reasonable manner but it's just awful
to see that smoothbrain dreck pervade a group where people are supposed to
be talking about how to reverse aging and travel to other galaxies

On Sun, Jan 22, 2023, 9:01 PM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <