[ExI] FW: How fun could doom intelligent life to a blissful extinction

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jul 19 16:35:07 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of efc--- via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] FW: How fun could doom intelligent life to a blissful extinction

Hello everyone,

>...I think this raises interesting questions of ethics and the "purpose" of mankind... Daniel

Daniel, there are those who believe mankind has no purpose.    There are those who believe our purpose is to have children, be fruitful and multiply, fill the world with our descendants, that sorta thing.

As a thought experiment, let us create two groups and throw everyone into one bin or the other, the no-purposers and the breeders.

My thought experiment leads me to conclude that the no-purposers are more successful at producing memetic offspring, whereas the breeders are more successful at producing genetic offspring.