[ExI] FW: How fun could doom intelligent life to a blissful extinction

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Thu Jul 20 12:04:00 UTC 2023

Hello Spike,

I agree, that sounds very reasonable. I also wonder if there is some kind
of correlation between high intelligence and the tendency to memetic
offspring and reduction in genetic offspring?

The extremely highly intelligent people I met in my life, from my very
limited and subjective point of view, tended to have fewer children, if
any at all.

I also find the reasoning behind the genetics interesting. Some tell me
that its their way to some kind of immortality, but they only pass on 50%
of their genes. Those genes in themselves, assuming a wider family tree,
are already out there and will in theory be spread around.

Then, among the memers, there are other takes on the theme. Spreading
ideas or through economic activity ensuring that their actions are part of
the web of the human market/culture etc. This can also include
philanthropy for instance.

Best regards,
Daniel