[ExI] Writing a book?

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Sun Jun 11 10:15:24 UTC 2023

Hello guys,

Since I'm scaling back/finishing a customer engagement this autumn I've
been trying to think about what to do instead to avoid getting bored, and
I thought about writing a book as one of my options.

I thought about writing a book about how technology intersects with
classical liberalism and helps people becoming more free and my favourite
journalist (national newspaper) loved the idea as well as my business
associate who works with PR/marketing (they are both classical liberals of
varying degrees of extremism).

Now I wonder, what do you think of the idea? Has it been done to death
already? I would write it for the swedish market so if it has been done to
death in the US that might not necessarily stop me from a swedish version.

Now the second thing I wonder about is the project of "writing a book".
Apart from my masters thesis in philosophy, I've never written anything
longer than 50 pages or so for work.

Are there any authors out there and do you have any advice for someones
first attempt at writing a book?

Best regards,
Daniel