[ExI] (no subject)

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 16:25:18 UTC 2023

On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 12:25 PM efc--- via extropy-chat <

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2023, Gadersd via extropy-chat wrote:
> >> ask about why we want to live a long time.
> >
> > That seems an odd thing to have to explain. Life is good, no?
>
> I always find these immortality discussions very strange. For me, it is
> not about immortality per se, but about choice. Being able to decide
> yourself when you had enough.

Being about choice is a good point.  But if that is the only point, are you
saying that morality is relative, or that there is no morality, right or
wrong, good or bad... choice?

Seems to me choosing to end things is necessarily a bad/wrong/mistaken...
choice.
Seems to me, survival is always, necessarily, better than not surviving.
That is why evolution must progress in all sufficiently complex worlds?