[ExI] (no subject)

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Jun 18 15:39:01 UTC 2023

On Sun, June 18, 2023 11:16, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:

>>>…  He very logically asked “Can we just let nature take its course?” I
>>> don’t see why not.  It damn well aughta be his call.  spike  ;
>

>>…You mean it isn't?  He cannot refuse?  Has he been declared mentally
>> incompetent?  bill w
>

> Billw, his children have been pressuring him to go forward with it.  I
> chose to keep my mouth shut, being as it isn’t my genetic family.
>
> spike

This is one of the nightmares old (or terminally ill) people face.  One
can only hope that the family really is on the same page as the old/ill
person.  I have certainly tried with my kids to discuss End Times and what
I want.  Papers have been signed, notarized, and are on file with doctors
and hospitals.

Eventually we may see how it works out: will they follow through or be
seduced by greedy medicals or misplaced "love".  Reading things like
spike's scenario, one is left hoping for sudden death, so they don't get a
chance to have second thoughts and prolong things until money runs out.

Regards,
MB