[ExI] teachers

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 19:22:41 UTC 2024

The updated Turing test should see whether a computer can make true Art.

It’s no surprise that AI excels in optimizing derivative content—that’s
what it is made to do.  School essays already may as well be copies of one
another, made according to algorithms.  Is it really shocking at all that
AI can pump out the same commodified crap people already do—essays, ad
copy, tutorials, illustrations, web design?

When an AI can create *of its own volition* works of art that hang in
museums, then it passes the test.

AI can already be used by skilled humans to make true Art, but when it
makes some itself then I’ll be convinced

On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 10:58 AM Gregory Jones via extropy-chat <