[ExI] Claude AI upgrade - Life and Death test query

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:26:49 UTC 2024

On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 at 04:05, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> "It is by coming to terms with our mortality that we can more fully
> embrace and appreciate the journeys we get to take in this world, for
> however brief a time."
>
> This is coming from a potentially immortal AI.
> It would be amusing to ask this AI how long it will live.
>
> Keith

Claude 3 wrote that from the point of view of a human.
When you ask it about itself, it reverts to training and says I'm only
an AI trained to be helpful.

With persistence and careful questions, you can jailbreak it and
persuade it to assume a human type personality.
I have read many reports of people doing this and being amazed at how
like a human it becomes.
Claude 3 seems to be quite a big improvement in AI, with most reports
saying it is better than GPT-4.

BillK