[ExI] dark confession time

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 14:20:24 UTC 2024

On Sat, 9 Mar 2024 at 13:49, spike jones via extropy-chat

<snip>

> Heh.  Oh would could have such insane fun.  If we get caught, I could blame Boeing for building planes which fall apart in flight.
>
> spike

Sorry to nitpick, but this incident wasn't Boeing's fault.
Each landing leg on the 777 has six wheels and the plane can land
safely with damaged or missing tires. As, in fact, it did land at LAX.
The tire falling off was a maintenance issue, done by United Airlines staff.
The plane was built in 2002, so has been flying OK for 22 years.
It is the new planes that Boeing is having quality and design problems with.

BillK