[ExI] dark confession time

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Mar 10 03:02:41 UTC 2024

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, 9 March, 2024 6:19 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: spike at rainier66.com
Subject: Re: [ExI] dark confession time

This is well beyond what I could do in my decrepitude.

It's a Mythbusters episode, but unfortunately, that show has ended.

The last adventure of this sort I did was in 1985, just before I moved
to the Bay Area/   We poured 200 pounds of propane down a mine shaft
and dropped in a flare.

Keith

Keith I heard of the propane incident.  It is compelling.  I haven't done the calculations, but it kinda feels like by the time the flame started, the reaction would be fuel rich.  But I don't know.  It would be cool to work with it, see if we could find a way to mix the fuel and air close to the stoichiometric ratio before igniting, but I don't know how to do that.