[Paleopsych] NYT: Explaining Those Vivid Memories of Martian Kidnappers

Euterpel66 at aol.com Euterpel66 at aol.com
Sat Aug 13 22:04:41 UTC 2005

A few years ago, I was visiting my aunt in VA and she very casually said
that her deceased husband said that he had been abducted by aliens from
childhood. I don't know why I didn't pursue the comment, but I didn't .Perhaps  it was
because my uncle was the very last person I would have ever imagined  would
have said such a thing, and my aunt was the last person I would ever  imagine
would admit that her husband had said such a thing. Both were extremely
intelligent educated people. He was an aerospace engineer for Grumman and she  had a
degree in art history.
When I got home I became more curious about the whole thing and started
recalling my interactions with this family. My uncle was a big man. He was 6'7".
Whenever we visited their house, he always disappeared into his study and I
recall my mother thought this was an insult.She didn't like my father's sister
any better. She thought my aunt was a snob. I remember my  uncle as a kind
and gentle man who seemed extremely shy. The only time I  can remember his ever
coming to our house was to help my father put up  ceiling tiles when we were
building our house.
I suppose I should question my aunt about my uncle's admission, but somehow
it seems an intrusion.

Lorraine

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
---Andre Gide

http://hometown.aol.com/euterpel66/myhomepage/poetry.html

In a message dated 8/13/2005 9:04:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,