[Exi-bay-chat] New to Bay Area

Michael Anissimov michael at acceleratingfuture.com
Fri May 14 16:43:40 UTC 2004

I think you're really overestimating the differences between the two
groups; maybe the 10% core of each is different, but the 90% majority of
both groups blur heavily.

Tom's name Here wrote:

> My apologies. . it is Friday night.
>
> However, in my naivity, I overlooked that announcement of this
> get-together was posted to a transhumanist site, rather than an
> extropian one. Until I read "Politics of Transhumanism" by James
> Hughes (AFTER I posted, naturally) I hadn't realized there was much
> difference between extropians and transhumanists.
>
> While I'm unaware of the state of the differences between the two
> groups, I should say I dont know that the announcement was intended
> for reception by both groups. Or maybe I'm just reverting back to
> childish paranoia of highschool clique rivalry.
>
> -Tom

Michael Anissimov                               http://singinst.org/
Advocacy Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence

--
Subscribe to our free eBulletin for research and community news:
http://www.singinst.org/news/subscribe.html