[extropy-chat] Futures idea game (was Nano-assembler feasibility - politics)

Sun Apr 4 16:42:46 UTC 2004

On Sunday, April 4, 2004, at 12:11 pm, Alejandro Dubrovsky wrote:

>> For reference, the FX ideas futures game predicted all of the
>> following
>> around 1996-2003:
>>
> Don't know what your definition of 'predicted' is Harvey, but most of
> the ones in the list i've checked (i've only checked about 15-20),
> never
> got above 50%,

The "prediction" given by Hal is around 20%.  I chose other claims that
were "predicted" at the same or higher level.  You are absolutely right
that these are not good thresholds.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec