[extropy-chat] The Simulation Argument (was: Atheists launch inquisition...)

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 06:56:14 UTC 2004

While I like the Simulation Argument a lot, I don't think we can make
any probability statement.
Once you demonstrate that "most minds will be in simulations rather
than reality",  you have demonstrated that each mind is probably in a
simulation, but I don't think we can demonstrate that.
Perhaps posthumans will choose to use their precious computing cycles
on other things (Nick's second possibility).
No, I think the SA is one of those things that you just don't know
about. But its value is to show how one can build a religion perfectly
compatible with our scienfific knowledge of the universe.
G.