[extropy-chat] ENOUGH already

Fri Jan 9 07:23:39 UTC 2004

Matus wrote,
> Are you claiming, absolutely, that not only have all wars
> that have ever occurred but all wars that could possibly
> occur are definitely anti-extropic?  Quite a strong assertion.

Actually, your argument against this statement seems to be the strong
assertion.

Why can't we just allow the general statement that "war is bad"?  It does
not seem to be such an unreasonable assertion.

> A more reasonable question (if one can call such questions
> reasonable) would be how many lives are worth an increase in
> extropy, and how much of an increase?

No we can not call such questions reasonable.  I don't know why it keeps
coming up on this list.

> Debates of that sort have been tossed around on this list
> all ready.

It almost seems as if there is a subgroup of people who keep trying to
justify committing violence as part of the extropian agenda.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,