[wta-talk] RE: [extropy-chat] Congratulations to New WTA Directors!

Jose Cordeiro jose_cordeiro at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 02:37:18 UTC 2004

Dear Natasha, Harvey and friends:

    Thank you so much for your good wishes as well, and I fully second Harvey's comment about more cooperation between WTA and ExI.

     I also want to say that I feel very proud to be a new WTA Board Member and an Associate Producer of ExI's upcoming Virtual Progress "VP" Summit. I will try to do my best in both tasks, even though I have to excuse myself from now until February 15, since I will be in India (and Sri Lanka, where I expect to meet Arthur C. Clarke) for some World Bank conferences, plus travel. During that time, I have already organized a formal transhumanist meeting in New Delhi (January 26, at the India Habitat Centre:-) and I am trying to do something similar in Colombo as well. My objective is to help spread the transhumanist and extropian memes around the world...

     Transhumanistically and extropianily yours,

     La vie est belle!

     Yosé

Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:
Natasha wrote,
> Congratulations to Harvey Newstrom, Jose Cordeiro, Giulio
> Prisco, BJ Kline and Tarik Theo Ibrahim for joining the WTA's board!
>
> Harvey, Jose and BJ are Associate Producers of ExI's upcoming
> Virtual Progress "VP" Summit. Mike Treder and (board member)
> is on ExI's Executive Advisory/Action Team.
>
> With more extropes on WTAs board, I hope that we can see
> positive efforts between ExI and WTA in working together to
> reach our common transhumanist goals.

Thanks for your kind words, Natasha. I certainly do want to see more
cooperation between WTA and ExI, and all transhumanist groups. I know that
we like to imagine that we are a huge popular movement. But we are still
too small not to be working together.

La vie est belle!

Yosé (www.cordeiro.org)

Caracas, Venezuela, Americas, TerraNostra