[extropy-chat] Re: Read All About It

Gregory Propf gpropf1 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 15 00:16:30 UTC 2004

Dustin Wish with INDCO Networks wrote:

>Harvey,
>
>I am curious if you maybe interested with your background in voice. I am
>President of a group called OSSRI (Open Source Speech Recognition
>Initiative) which focuses on an Open Platform for speech and speech
>development, mainly Linux. We have members from CMU, the OpenOffice.org
>project, and NASA as members of the group. We work to promote speech related
>technologies mostly for those with disabilities. We also promote speech
>enabled solutions to make the human experience better. It is free to join
>and we don't charge dues. I would be pleased if you take me up on the offer
>as it is always great to have great minds involved.
>
>The link is: www.ossri.org

Glad to see this happening.  My mom has multiple handicaps that make her
interaction with computers inconvenient to say the least.  I've set her
up with Linux for cost, security and other reasons and this kind of
thing is very necessary for people like her.  I'm a programmer and long
time Penguinhead, I may be able to help.