[extropy-chat] Re: Politics: Extropian party

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 03:35:46 UTC 2004

--- "natashavita at earthlink.net" <natashavita at earthlink.net> wrote:
> From: Harvey Newstrom
>
> Adrian Tymes writes:
>
> > Would you believe the Extropians were, in at least one
> > widely-consumed piece of science fiction, a major
> > political party?  (At least, one of the two major
> > parties was called the Extropians, and its beliefs
> > were not that different from ExI's official
> > philosophy.)
>
> >Ha.  How quickly they forget.  The Extropians List used to be full
> of
> >"extropians" sightings in science fiction and literature.  Searching
> >Amazon
> >for the word extropian finds over a dozen books referencing
> "extropians".
> >Many are science fiction and many are science fact.
>
> Also, there are a few fictional characters based on "extropians."

And alluded groups, i.e. Neal Stephenson's characters in Cryptonomicon
who were cryonic-bracelet wearing "Eutropians".

I'm waiting to see a 19th century horror novel with extropic alien
crypto-dirt created phantasms.... with de-ghosting done by Theilhard
des Chardins...

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development