[extropy-chat] Re: Latin temperaments

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Jun 11 16:47:33 UTC 2004

Spike:
>That sounds like an interesting case for further discussion.

Not here, though.

>>  I suggest that if a group or some people in that group hold buttons
>>  about a stereotype, then it's their trap that limits them, not your
>>  trap.

>>Hot buttons are a trap that limits us too.  Ive noticed
>a lot of my neighbors seem to have hidden hot buttons
>that only the other neighbors can hit: the local
>WASPs (Shelly and me) are not expected to understand
>them, so they cut us a lot of slack.

I'm a foreigner, stranger in a strange land, and I make alot of
mistakes, obviously. Sometimes I push the envelope, being sillier
than usual, just because I can (That's what being anonymous gives me
- in some sense I can be whoever and whatever I want.)

I don't know if my neighbors cut me slack, because I typically
wouldn't recognize their gossip if they were doing it. At least
the people around my vicinity who know me ('know' in the sense
that they smile, wave, give me my newspaper without asking and say
buongiorno every day) understand that I'm perfectly harmless, so I
am guessing that they are cutting me alot of slack too.

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/