[extropy-chat] Open and hidden fascism in Exi forum

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Sun Jun 27 22:28:28 UTC 2004

Hubert.

I agree that RB's atrocious musings are maniacal, diabolical and beyond
the pale of any sort of morality I would call such.   I and others say
so and say so often.   So any assumption that the list as a whole or
the people here agree with him or think such a proposal is remotely
worth considering is incorrect.

Now the US has turned fascist in may respects.   We do not have blatant
dictatorship yet but every year more of the prerequisites are put into
place.   So, in a sense, a rationalizing of genocide on a culture or
religion plays into what makes a real fascism possible.   But that is
still not sufficient to call Robert, much less  Exi, fascist..   That a
rationalized argument for genocide may come out of Robert's musings and
be heard within our own government seriously upsets and sickens me.   I
think such a musing about such actions and insistence it is within the
realm of real options to be considered and that it be respected until
it can be shown lacking by other than moral arguments, by some species
of "rationality" amenable to Robert's proclivities is imo grossly
irresponsible and reprehensible.    It also casts a deep shadow across
what extropians are really about.

- samantha