[extropy-chat] Re: Suda et al papers (was Cryonics without comprehensive brain disassembly?-No)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri May 7 09:23:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 03:27:32PM -0700, Robert J. Bradbury wrote:

> My past experience with Ralph and Eric is that when
> they have explored something they are usually correct -- the problem
> is in translating that knowledge into a framework that others can
> understand.

This is not how science works. Structural denaturation processes in organ
cryopreservation from an information lossage standpoint is terra incognita in
terms of research, whether published or unpublished. Even bioviability data of
cryopreserved mammal CNS is effectively nil.

Nothing can be said at this point, until some ten man-years of indentured
(Ph.D. student and postdoc) labor are invested. What should be the motivation
of anyone undertaking that labor? Who's going to pay for it? Certainly not
the cryonics community. Certainly not the mainstream (unless we're very
lucky).