[extropy-chat] Mars media coverage in Venezuela

Jose Cordeiro jose_cordeiro at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 01:56:50 UTC 2004

Dear ExI friends,

     I just wanted to share with you the excellent recent media
coverage for a young Venezuelan astronaut who was sponsored by the World
Future Society Venezuela (presided by me:-) that just participated in a
Mars simulation in the Utah desert.

     Some of us think that this is an excellent way to promote
transhumanism in a positive extropian way (the astronaut is also one of the founding
members of the Venezuelan Transhumanist Association, with Santiago Ochoa
and myself:-)

     Since Natasha, Giulio, Mike and others might agree, I only
wanted to let you know of what we are doing in terms of pushing
transhuman memes around here. We did the same two years ago with nanotechnology (we were the first to talk about it seriously in Venezuela:-) and we have
similar plans for artifical intelligence, robotics and biotechnology...
just keep tuned...

     Extropically yours,

La vie est belle!

Yosi (www.cordeiro.org)

Caracas, Venezuela, Americas, TerraNostra