[extropy-chat] Mars media coverage in Venezuela

Jose Cordeiro jose_cordeiro at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 14:19:25 UTC 2004

Dear Elaine,

     Good to "see" you around. The young Venezuelan astronaut is Greg Drayer (drayer at ieee.org)  and I am copying him in this message:-)

     Indeed, transhumanists should think more about the space...

     La vie est belle!

     Yosé

Elaine Walker <elaine at ziaspace.com> wrote:
Hi all!

I'm really happy to hear that you are introducing space exploration into
your transhuman community in Venezuela. I've only been to two transhuman
conferences, but neither mentioned space at all that I saw, and I found
that hard to understand.

I'm the Mars Project Coordinator for the Space Frontier Foundation (see
http://www.mars-frontier.org ), and I also spent last summer on Devon
Island as part of the NASA Haughton-Mars Project (see
http://www.marsonearth.com and http://www.mars-frontier.org/blog ), which
has some of the same goals as the Mars Desert Research Station in Utah.

I would be happy to link something to the http://mars-frontier.org site
regarding Giulio's work in Utah. Is there a website I could refer to? I
would love to hear more about it, in general.

all the best,
-Elaine