[extropy-chat] al-Qaeda is growing fast

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sat May 29 19:53:42 UTC 2004

The cold war accelerated space/rocket technology and computer/electronic  technology development
AIDS accelerated drug development and distribution /economic rationalization

What would a long non-western terrorist "war" deliver as a positive benefit.
Perhaps total integration of TIA Grid (tracking and analyzing)  with all physical materials living and inanimate
In effect creating one distributed global organism?

Just the thing needed if the next major computational advance after the "grid"
is one or more AI's.
In this process it will be the responsibility of the individual to not be integrated
into society in a Borgian fashion (surrendering free will for protection)

Morris