[extropy-chat] Genocide: The Sudan

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 16:43:08 UTC 2004

--- "Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com> wrote:

> An interesting news report out of London points out that Al Queda has
> largely
> reassembled itself but in a very distributed fashion.  They cited a
> figure of
> 18,000 as the probable number of loyalists scattered all over the
> globe.
>
> This is a problem that will not be easy to solve anytime soon.

It is naive to think that those 18,000 alleged al Qaeda would not have
otherwise joined up at some time in the future.

The strategy that the Bush admin seems to be pursuing is to take the
battle to the enemy, establishing the zone of conflict in THEIR
homeland, rather than allowing it to be in ours, as they would have
wished. Al Qaeda is now wasting its members lives attacking US soldiers
in a guerilla insurgency in Iraq rather than wasting them attacking US
civilians in a terrorist insurgency here in our land.

It is the tactic of the mosquito zapper: when you buy one of those
electic zapper jobbies, you don't set it up next to your patio, you set
it up on the other end of the lawn. The bugs are all attracted OVER
THERE, where they all die heinous deaths, and are thus far less likely
to sting you as you sip your pina colada on your patio, they don't even
get a chance for a free meal off your blood on their way to their well
deserved deaths....

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development