[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 12:41:35 UTC 2004

--- BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody noticed the collapse in the USdollar exchange rate this year?
> And especially since Bush was re-elected.
> Last year we got about 1.6 USD for a pound. Now we get about 1.85
> USD. If it continues (i.e. if the huge US deficit continues) we will
> all be able to pop over to the US and buy everything for loose
change.

> Isn't economics wonderful?

To be expected with yesterdays announcement by IPG of a 60 day state of
emergency. Bush will get done what needs to be done, they'll have
elections in January, and things will get better. Meanwhile the
international left will use its assets to leverage as much damage on
the US financially as it can.

Financial pressure is about all they can do, really. They don't have
the military might or will to do anything. Switzerland could come up
with a larger army in 24 hours than Germany could draft together in 6 months.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)