[extropy-chat] re: For Your Information

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 13 00:59:22 UTC 2004

> natashavita at earthlink.net
>
> The extropy-chat list is very clear about the manner in which we work
> together to provide a venue for list members to engage in
> conversation and debates about the future and Extropic transhumanist
ideas...

> Natasha

Is it my imagination, or has the ExI list become a
kinder and gentler place in the last yr or so?
I recall we used to have fairly nasty flame wars every
few months.  Now we go thru an especially contentious
election season in the US and Australia, an ongoing
and increasingly grim war, yet the tone is fairly
reasonable most of the time.

Friends, we are growing up.

That being said, let us keep in mind that we are about
the future.  Let us avoid becoming too mainstream.