[extropy-chat] on Spike's big ass theory

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 18 17:27:38 UTC 2004

RE a glut of pecs and knees

1. In stone age running starts in childhood and continues through all life.
2. Smaller stature means less pressure (square cube law)
3. Obesity rare, few people even have "normal weight" for height.
4. Cargo load really low, no shoes. Note that anything on feet moves
rapidly and creates stronger radial forces.
5. Note sex pattern - slim men for hunting, fat women to bear and nurse
children even in famine

> > Alejandro Dubrovsky
> > Subject: [extropy-chat] on Spike's big ass theory
spike sez:

>I'm thinking this over, and it does have some merits.
>It actually competes with my big ass theory, which
>condenses to something like this: humans have some
>exaggerated features resulting from sex selection,
>not from inherent functional usefulness, the two most
>remarkable examples being pecs and gluts.

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =
=   Alcor Advisor to Board       =