[extropy-chat] Yehuda Yudkowsky, 1985-2004

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 06:29:05 UTC 2004

Dear Eliezer,
I am so sorry, and I think I know how you are feeling. I felt the same
whan my mother died three years ago. I was already a transhumanist
long before that, but had not been an active one previously: I just
lurked on the lists. But that changed after my mother's death: I felt
that there was something that needed being done, and now.
My mother was 73, but Yehuda was 19. What a waste, what a cruel thing.
I think the best you can do to honor the memory of Yehuda is
continuing your work to accelerate the process of overcoming the
biologic limits of our species, defeating death, creating friendly
superintelligences, merging with them, and moving on. The SIAI is your
tribute to Yehuda's memory and your own battle against death: continue
to fight it bravely as you have done so far.
Giulio