[extropy-chat] crazy, but crazy enough?

scerir scerir at libero.it
Mon Aug 1 05:50:36 UTC 2005

Alex Kaivarainen also writes, in another
paper, that 'coherent physical theory of
Psi phenomena, like remote vision, telepathy,
telekinesis, clairvoyance is absent till now
due to its high complexity and multilateral
character. The original mechanism of Bivacuum
mediated Psi phenomena, proposed here, is based
on few stages of my long term efforts.
They include creation of new theories. [...]
The correctness of our Unified Theory (UT)
is confirmed by its ability to explain a lot
of experimental data, most of them unconventional,
like Kozyrev ones, remote genetic transmutation
and Psi phenomena.'

It seems a bit too crazy. (Nobody knows anything about
entanglements between vacua.)

'For almost a century, quantum mechanics was like
a Kabbalistic secret that God revealed to Bohr, Bohr
revealed to the physicists, and the physicists revealed
(clearly) to no one. So long as the lasers and transistors
worked, the rest of us shrugged at all the talk of
complementarity and wave-particle duality, taking
for granted that we'd never understand, or need to understand,
what such things actually meant. But today - largely
because of quantum computing - the Schrodinger's cat
is out of the bag, and all of us are being forced to
confront the exponential Beast that lurks inside our
current picture of the world.'
-Scott Aaronson

[the exponential Beast is not, necessarily, Wheeler's
'dragon', it is just that a quantum superposition
is described by exponential functions.]