[extropy-chat] Scientists create 'miracle mice' that

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:32:05 UTC 2005

I'll try to post my impressions during and after the conference - I am
looking forward to meeting Fahy, West, Campisi and all the other warriors
for longevity :)

Rafal

 On 8/30/05, Joao Magalhaes <jpnitya at verizon.net> wrote:

> It's not impossible, considering the already proven capacity for
> regeneration of MRL mice. I should point out, however, that MRL mice,
> despite their regenerative capacity, appear to be short-lived (Ellen
> Heber-Katz, pers. comm.). So regenerative potential alone, despite it's
> great impact for human medicine, is not necessarily related to aging. More
> detailed aging studies in these animals are needed, though.
>
> Yes, that's the conference Aubrey is organizing.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joao
>
> At 01:28 PM 30/8/2005, you wrote:
> >It sounds bogus--too good to be true--to me, but
> >here's the link to the full times article.
> >
> >Also, I noticed this from the article:
> >
> >"Details of the research will be presented next week
> >at a scientific conference on ageing, Strategies for
> >Engineered Negligible Senescence, at Cambridge
> >University."
> >
> >Aubrey de Grey's bailiwick, right?
> >
> >http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1754008,00.html
> >
> >Best, Jeff Davis
> >
> > "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
> > Ray Charles

Rafal Smigrodzki, MD-PhD
Chief Clinical Officer,
Gencia Corporation
706 B Forest St.

Charlottesville, VA 22903

tel: (434) 295-4800

fax: (434) 295-4951

This electronic message transmission contains information from the
biotechnology firm of Gencia Corporation which may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual
or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission
in error, please notify us by telephone (434-295-4800) or by electronic mail
(fportell at genciabiotech.com) immediately.