[extropy-chat] What % of global economic activity is dependant on military activity?

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 10 18:23:35 UTC 2005

What I mean is to delineate the point of diminishing  returns at which
testing out technology by military enterprises no longer serves the purpose
of yielding information from which to make more durable or efficient
 or yield  improved  technological innovations.

Putting AK47's and and landmines cannot possibly yield much towards an
improved human condition.
Putting up a GPS satellite network does improve the human condition in
measureable ways.

One could begin to classify global military activity into  a spectrum
and rate the
societal or other  benefits,  short, medium and long term  of these
activities.

This like QALY ratings for medical intervention economics  might yield a
cost/benefit
system for military activity economics.

This might allow rationalization of global military economics.

MFJ

LIFESPAN PHARMA Inc.
Extropian Agroforestry Ventures  Inc.
Mission: To Preserve, Protect and Enhance Lifespan
Plant-based Natural-health Bio-product Bio-pharmaceuticals
http://www.angelfire.com/on4/extropian-lifespan
<http://www.angelfire.com/on4/extropian-lifespan>
http://www.4XtraLifespans.bravehost.com
<http://www.4xtralifespans.bravehost.com/>
megao at sasktel.net <mailto:megao at sasktel.net>,  arla_j at hotmail.com
<mailto:arla_j at hotmail.com>, mfj.eav at gmail.com <mailto:mfj.eav at gmail.com>
extropian.pharmer at gmail.com <mailto:extropian.pharmer at gmail.com>

Extreme Life-Extension ..."The most dangerous idea on earth"
-Leon Kass , Bioethics Advisor to George Herbert Walker Bush,
June 2005

 Radical Life-Extension Bioscience
+   Total Information Awareness Globalized Info-science
=   The 21st Century Paradigm    ........
Re-inventing the Human Condition from Quantum to Macro
*"I will live each 50 years, one at a time".... Morris Johnson - June 2005*