///// [extropy-chat] ///// {META - Help re Browsers}

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Sat Mar 19 21:53:26 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Hara Ra wrote:

>I've tried Mozilla, and it has two characteristics I loathe. First, I
>couldn't get it to open new windows for each Google search items I click
>on, so I often have to redo the search, second, Mozilla, like AOL, seems
>set up to stick to the my system like glue or stepping on gum (or more
>odious sidewalk stuff)
>
>I'd like clues for a rather basic browser, one which will let me use
>Explorer when I want its fancy features, but most of my browsing is fine
>with no music, animations, etc, just static pages.

Did you try mozilla, or Firefox? Firefox is just-a-browser, a spinoff of
the mozilla suite. There's no adware/nagware bundled, just the browser.
Visit www.mozilla.org and a download box for your system will appear.

Clicking on link with the middle button opens them into another tab, in
background. I usually quickly click the first four or five results, and
then look at the pages.

Alfio