[extropy-chat] Re: [Ethics] In defense of moral standards

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Thu May 5 19:04:56 UTC 2005

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:

>Morality has just nothing to do with the Big Bang, the laws of mathematics and
>logic, the laws of physics, or anything that I can consider really
>fundamental in the universe as it is presently understood by science.

Giulio -

Then how can you possibly evaluate, judge, compare, communicate any of
the moral values you hold dear?

Do you also consider yourself to operate outside the physical realm?

I've been reading and trying to give your words the benefit of the
doubt, but this is so blatant I just have to ask whether you really mean
what you seem to be saying.

- Jef