[extropy-chat] SPEAKER: Needed for International Technology Conference

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 21:28:09 UTC 2005

--- "nvitamore at austin.rr.com"
<nvitamore at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> A well-known international conference is taking
> place in Northern
> California in  July.  Max More was invited to
> deliver the keynote speech.
> Unfortunately Max will be at another conference
> giving a talk and cannot
> attend to deliver the keynote.
>
> However, this conference is adamant about having a
> well-informed speaker
> from Extropy Institute deliver the keynote on
> transhumanist ideas relating
> to change and technology:
>
> "...[deliver a] philosophical component into our
> Conferences that focuses on the need for caution
> in the development and evolution of the new
> technologies
> such as nano-, bio-, info-, etc. as well as a
> perspective
> on the evolution of mankind and society ..."

I would nominate Samantha Atkins. She has a good grasp
of transhumanism, she lives relatively close to the
conference, and since she plans on starting a
religion, the public speaking practice will do her
good. ;) Of course, that is IF she thinks she will be
done with her moving and is willing to do so.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson