[extropy-chat] Futures Past--time-line

giorgio gaviraghi giogavir at yahoo.it
Mon Oct 10 18:00:09 UTC 2005

here is a 2004 forecast made for an incoming book for
the records
1-MAPPING THE FUTURE
Before analysing the progressive approach we want to
show where the possible road of achievements will
direct us by single subjects.
Such results will be included in a Master Plan and
analysed in detail in the following pages
This  preview is used as an advanced description of
the method that will be followed and will help clarify
the division in successive steps for all activities.
We can define  the phases, following Kardashev
classifications of energy compsumption , they are.
-Phase 1- a planetary type society
-Phase 2-an interplanetary type society
-Phase 3 an interstellar type society
While the drivers are:
-political, as the major and initial  condition for
other developments
-standardization a technical condition for unification
-security another condition for the general well being
-pollution, an effect of uncontrolled progress
-energy a requirement to be fulfilled in a way that
don’t create pollution or waste of resources
-education a cause to avoid poverty
-health to save and enhance our body
-economy to eliminate poverty and promote well being
-space as our future unlimited territory
-technology as the main source of controlled progress
-terraforming the main direction of our Earth oriented
plans
They will be analysed with most of their evolutionary
progress  and cause and effect situations in a
progressive step by step sequence spanning over three
centuries of future history.
Such mapping will allow to study the interrelations
between several drivers and to create scenarios that
may help prevent and  solve future problems before
they can cause any damage.
In this way the future will become a planned event of
sequences and the progressive steps well planned
milestones and events towards the meeting of well
defined and established goals.

avir
 MAPPING THE FUTURE
KARDASHEV 1- Planetary society

KARDASHEV 2- interplanetary society
           Year 2020
            year 2050
                    year 2100
POLITICAL
 Prepare Master plan
operating World federation                        New
constitution including new lifeforms
 GPA operating
Regional Governments system                    and
space settlements
 Embryo World Gov system
 World Constitution

STANDARDIZATION
 Common e-currency                                all
standards unified
solar system standards
 Start common language
standardization laws
 Set unified standards
SECURITY
 Unmanned military vehicles                     sat
crime control
crime prevention brain technology
 Chip system operating
security by robots
 Crime mapping
 Robots\police\soldiers
 Universal ID system
 Sat personal tracking
POLLUTION
 Prepare alternative technologies             apply
new technologies                             climate
control
 Pollution stopped
pollution reversed
  catastrophy prevention system
SPACE
 Low cost access technology                    cycler
to Moon and Mars                            advanced
technology transportation
 Asteroid deflection technology                 manned
base in Moon and Mars                manned
settlements
 Station construction technology                space
transportation system                      migration
asteroid spaceship
 Solar system mapping
space infrastructural system
milky way mapping
 1000 esoplanets discovered                     100%
solar system mapping                      Mars
terraforming
  earth like planets discovery
unmanned colonies
EDUCATION
 Animation media
 instruction implants
 biobrain education
 Remote education
universal brain
 All media online
 Games technology in education
ECONOMICAL\WORK
 Population and jobs relocation
robotic economy
 New economic model
 Create new 1B jobs by K1 plan
ENERGY
 Energy from renewable
wireless power transmission                      space
clean power generation
 Alternative propulsion cars
-decentralise clean energy production
HEALTH
 Medical injected chip
remote medicine
  cell transplant
 Human cloning
  artificial organs
        rejuvenation process
 Extrawomb birth experiments
disease free society
 suspended animation
 Remote instant diagnosis
genetic engineered intellianimals
virtual immortality
 Nanolevel therapy
 Body and disease models
TERRAFORMING
 Connector prototype
install transnet
       mag lev transportation
 PST prototype
   grid system in operation
   Terraforming 10%
 Terraforming plans
 new building types
    Sahara sea construction
 Start grid construction
TECHNOLOGY
Multimedia center
 universal portable translator
molecular transfer
 Petabites storage
  VTOL and HST commercial planes             atomic
level chemistry
 Multimedia communicator
personal flying system
small scale production system
 Robotics multitasking
automated clean PTV
Cornucopia-molecular assembler
Nanotech manufacturing
molecular assembler tests

MAPPING THE FUTURE

              KARDASHEV 3- Interstellar society
             Year 2200
                year 2200 plus
POLITICAL

                         Stellar federation

                       Alien rights and ethics

STANDARDIZATION

                         Interstellar standards

SECURITY

                         Interstellar protection
system

                          Advanced warfare system

POLLUTION

                          Terraforming technologies

SPACE
 Intelligent ET civilization
                interstellar travel technology
 Planetary level ecosystem
           artificial planet technology
 Oort cloud settlements
              Venus terraforming plans
 Mars terraforming 10%
            unmanned interstellar  colonizatrion
 Way mapping 80%
 Ringworlds technology
EDUCATION
 Universal brain

ECONOMICAL\WORK
  Intelligent android robots
             interstellar economy
 Intellianimals economy
             alien interaction
 Unmanned manufacturing economy
 Unmanned primary activities
ENERGY
 Star power utilization
                star power generation
 Interstellar power sources

HEALTH
 Multigeneration humans
          mind\body separation
 Interaction brain\web
                alien interaction
 Telepathy experiments
            mind copies in multibodies

TERRAFORMING
 Earth terraforming completed
        stellar terraforming technology
 Space colonies network
            stellar colonies network
TECHNOLOGY
 Molecular assembler advanced
        mind controlled machines                   Von
Neumann machines

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> ha