[extropy-chat] Sheiks and sex (was OIL: Albertan tar sands)

Robert Lindauer robgobblin at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 19:42:47 UTC 2005

Mike Lorrey wrote:

>>>.
>>>

>>The sheiks can't have too much theology because that
>>theology is one of the pillars that support their
>>power. The whole point of Mohammedist theocracy is
>>that Mohammed was both a prophet of Allah AND a
>>secular ruler, so the distinction between the two
>>roles of religion and state is highly intertwined and
>>integrated in Muslim society.
>>

>Kinda the point of what I'm saying. If they can't afford to keep buying
>off the people, much less fund scion like bin Laden, they are going to
>need to reform lest their house of cards collapse.

Well, thank goodness we didn't invade a sheikdom or even a
religious-state - THAT might have had some effect on the overall funding
of Al Quaeda.  But invading Iraq has done nothing but shake the bees nest.

>You still need to break the power of the rulers to effect change, or at
>least put a good wind up their backs.

How can a -LIBERTARIAN- be backing an invasive foreign policy?

Isn't this specifically AGAINST the libertarian ideals?