[extropy-chat] I keep asking myself...

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 4 16:18:44 UTC 2006

>Again, I probably didn't ask the question properly.

  I thought that mind uploading and cryonics are wonderful ideas.
  I wouldn' t mind being frozen and then waking up one day in a
  new body with my original mind intact.  (Or maybe one day,
  not having to die and being able to upgrade.)
  I think it would be great to be able to see how the world lives in a
  100 years from now.  I can't see any significant harm that could do to
  humanity, as long as I don't start having babies every time I come
  back and over populate the planet.

  Copying myself seems like a very egotistical thing to do.  We already have
  enough people on the planet.  I could only see it being used for the wrong
  reasons.  Power, money and greed.  I could see how the army make like the
  idea or the business man might think it useful but I can't see how it will help
  humans or technology.

  Forgive me if I'm way off, maybe I'm not understanding the differences in terms.
  Thanks again,
  Anna