[extropy-chat] Protect ourselves to prevent a return to the middle ages

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Sat Feb 11 02:55:29 UTC 2006

I must disagree with that attitude, Al.

A live coward is not necessarily better than a dead brave-heart, if the
live coward has given up everything that makes his life worth living.

Or more to the point, if you roll over now, you abbrogate the right to
complain when the Caliphate declares that life extension technology,
performance enhancements, freedom of conscience, and everything else
that defines Transhumanism is "offensive" and thus it becomes
impermissable. They've already got it within the Muslim lands. Now
they're trying to make it so everywhere.

If you don't fight now, you won't have the chance to fight later.

Joseph